I used a recipe I found in a blog; to avoid getting anyone mad at me (hopefully) I'll just post the link, as opposed to the recipe.
http://bakingbites.com/2008/01/homemade-girl-scout-cookies-tagalongs/
It went... ok. I was hindered by the fact that I didn't have any wax paper, as well as the fact that there's apparently an art to "dipping" that I just haven't mastered. In the end, I just spread the chocolate on top, like frosting. It seemed to work, although I ended up not having enough chocolate. There were a few naked ones.
Were I to try again, I think I'd melt the chocolate in the microwave (I used a double boiler; didn't really do it for me) and be sure to buy wax paper before I start. It probably makes a difference in how easy it feels, if nothing else.
Happy note: I got to use my KitchenAide while making these cookies. That always makes me happy, especially as this one appears not to be broken.
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment