Thursday, January 21, 2010

Keeping My Life Pretty

So I've seen a couple different posts amongst all the blogs I'm collecting, concerning covers for sewing machines. Apparently you're supposed to have them... question mark? They do useful things like keeping dust out of the machinery, and they also look very pretty, if you so desire.
So, using this tutorial, I went ahead and made one! What do you think??



It's reversible; the other side is brown, and instead of bothering with troublesome things like measuring and cutting to make the cover short enough (it's quite tall), I folded the bottom up a couple times to make a cute cuff! So that you can see both fabrics at one time, and admire how well they go together. :)




Also, you might notice what's sitting on the table next to my sewing machine. Those would be bookmarks.

Front



Back

When I got married, my cousins got together and gave me some scrapbooking supplies. Which, to be honest, I don't really... well, scrapbooking just isn't my thing. Sorry, Mom. Anyway, included with those supplies were these really pretty pages of what looked like scrapbook paper, but were actually stickers. AND the awesome patterns were accompanied by coordinating solids. ^_^
So what I did here was take a used-up Barnes and Noble gift card, cut it in half, cut some of my scrapbook stickers down to size, and apply them to the cards! Super easy, and now I have some cute bookmarks!!


I'm linking to these parties:

giveaways









5 comments:

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cool! I love the fabric that you used!

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

I've been wondering about the sewing machine cover as well. I like your cuff idea. I may need to copy.

alyssa said...

I love your sewing machine cover! I haven't even thought about making one, but I guess that I should since it just sits out in the open all day. Way to go on yours!

Andrea on Third Street said...

What an attractive sewing machine cover - I love these fabrics. You're right, the cuff really makes it!

I'm also linking to the Somewhat Simple blog party. Check it our if you get a chance (www.thirdst.blogspot.com)

Ms. Harris said...

Look at YOU, you classy crafty woman you.
I'm jealous. Hey, if I move to Salt lake next year...could happen maybe...you'll show me how? eh? When did you get a sewing machine?